WHAT WE LOOK LIKE AND WHY WE EXIST
At GRACE, we are motivated by principle rather than the trends of society. The values that shape our attitudes and actions are as follows:
- God, as revealed in the Bible, and His glory as the motivation for each thought, word and deed.
- Reaching our neighbors and world with the message of God’s grace.
- Active involvement of every believer in the ministry of Christ in the church and the world.
- Community which esteems each person, made in the image of God, more highly than it does things, organizations, or reputations.
Enjoyment of life to the fullest in all that God has freely provided to that end.
From Scripture, the reason for our existence as a church can be determined to be the following:
- Communion with God—To love, honor, worship and serve the Almighty.
For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will—to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves. Ephesians 1:4-6
- Community of the saints—To love, fellowship with, build-up and serve God’s people.
It was Him who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Ephesians 4:11-13